Saturday, August 05, 2006

Hopping down the cupcake trail.

  • I am starting down my cupcake trail. I need to refine my recipe for the cake because before I was using the box mixes. Ethan, Danielle and Sharon all said how silly of me to not make the cake from strach. I did not like this one at all!! I made some of them chocolate by adding some cocoa powder. This is how the recipe went:
    2-1/2 cups cake flour, sifted
    1 tablespoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon salt
    1-1/2 cups sugar
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    1 cup milk
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    2 eggs
    They didn't rise very much, they were very dense and alot like pound cake. I am hoping to find a recipe that I can change the yellow or vanilla cake batter into chocolate. We will see. I may even get all the way up to trial number 409, ya think? I am trying another one tomorrow morning while Ethan sleeps in. Then we will be off to Knu's to play with the goats. I think its about time to get a picture of m-m-m-my Ramona on here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually, what I said was that it may be more "cost effective" to make them from scratch. Nothing to do with flavor, they were all great!