Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Happy Accidents.

Cake trail number 2. I thought the vanilla cakes were pretty good. Some of my feedback was that the cake should be sweeter. I thought the cake could have been moister. I think next time I am going to do a little less butter and sub it for oil. But the sweetness issue. Feels like I am opening a Pandora’s box. This could be a debate that last centuries and centuries. Should the cake be on the main stage? Or should it be the canvas playing a much more subtle role? Anyway, this recipe went like this:
3 cups cake flour, sifted
1-tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1-cup milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups sugar
1-cup butter, softened
4 large eggs
So after making two batches, I added 4 squares of bakers chocolate. The resulting cakes had a crisp delicate crust. The cake itself sunk below and was very moist. I called them brownie cupcakes. I told E there was no way the delicate top could hold any icing, but he insisted. And then when he was trying it, he said it was wonderful!! I thought he was going to roll around on the floor.

1 comment:

Tiffany D Joyner said...

Man I miss your cupcakes already and it has only been a week. These may have been an accident, but they look really good. I wonder if you can fedex cupcakes. Hmmm! Hehe just kidding.