Monday, September 11, 2006

Eight States. 7 days.

We had a wonderful trip! We were blessed with beautiful weather everyday. We had a really good time! We saw the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains. We ate North Carolina Pork BBQ sandwiches with the slaw on top. We saw Ruby Falls and went spelunking into Lookout Mountain. I put my feet in the Atlantic Ocean. Knu got to hear Jaxson's heartbeat. We stayed in a scary Louisiana hotel room that still makes my skin crawl and when the toilet flushed it sounded like a Harley Davidson in the water closet. We had ice cream cones on the beach. We watched some of Brandie's movies including Walk the Line, Fried Green Tomatoes, and the Notebook and cried our eyes out. Brandie got a (2nd) Lazyboy. We tried to see Colonial Williamsburg, Knu got a bonnet instead. We got a couple of pounds of peaches. We went around the Ocoee River which is where Knu wants us all to go on vacation next year. We went into a cranky old lady's yarn shop in Blowing Rock (yes that is Falling Rock's big brother) N.C. who all but asked us to leave. We celebrated Joe's 23rd birthday. Knu mailed her bills from Appomattox which is where Robert E. Lee surrendered. We saw some wonderful farmland and country life with lots of moo-cows and goats. We saw people white water rafting. And Christmas tree farms. We ate at Cracker Barrel like 17 times. I like the Chicken n' Dumplins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steph, I can't explain this picture of me and Joe. He looks so sweet, and I have a goofy face! I don't know what I'm doing! I am so glad ya'll came to visit! Hope to see you in december!